Monday, October 12, 2009

What exactly DO law professors do all day?

Well, I know what one of us is doing. I'm working on an article studying what happens on appeal when lawyers are sanctioned for bad behavior in bankruptcy courts. (If you have any particular ideas on this topic, please pass 'em along....)

And, thanks to John Steele over at Legal Ethics Forum, I found this interesting case (here).

So far, what I've found out is that judges, when writing opinions sanctioning lawyers, are exceptionally clear about what behavior has irked them so. These sanctions opinions have some of the crispest language I've ever read--sad tales, all, and you can just about hear the anger and clenched teeth that the judges have while writing the opinions.

Oh, and one other thing some law profs do. We blog.

No comments: