Friday, June 15, 2012

How bad is Boingo Wireless's customer support? Very, very bad.

I have been sitting in LaGuardia trying to add a third device to Boingo for 45 minutes. The good news is that ALL FIVE times that I called customer service, I spoke with nice people. The bad news is that, no matter how many times I try, I can't add a third device to my account. All that I've managed to do is get the other two deauthorized. (If you're keeping track, that leaves me with zero authorized devices.) Here's what Boingo says to do: 1. Login with the new device. 2. Go to the next screen to add a third device. Ah, but that's where Boingo's system breaks down. I never get to the next screen. I just get placed in infinite login loop hell. Can Boingo add the third device on its end? Nope. What can Boingo do? Well, its people are polite, which is good, but they can't help me, which is bad. Um, Boingo? Can't you figure out a way to get me to the screen where I promise to pay you more money? UPDATE NUMBER 1: I've sent this post to Boingo Customer Service. UPDATE NUMBER 2: the sixth guy at Boingo said to try the Boingo app. Now I can get connected, but I still can't add a third device.

UPDATE (6/20/12):  Boingo asked for my login and my email address.  I provided those.  Boingo responded by saying that my account didn't exist.  I provided a screen shot of my account.  Let's see what happens next.

UPDATE #2:  I've gotten a comment on this post (see comments) offering to help me with my problem.  I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Lauren Sanyal said...

Hi there, Nancy! This is Lauren from Boingo and we're so sorry to hear you've had a negative experience with us. What you describe is definitely not the awesome customer experience we strive to provide everyone. We'd like to investigate this with our engineers, explain what happened, and try to make things right between us. Please email lsanyal@boingo.com with more details, and we'll get on it, pronto!

Warm Regards,

Lauren Sanyal
Manager of Customer Communications

Sophia said...

Hi Nancy, Did you ever get this resolved? I'm in the infinite loophole as well trying to add a 3rd device to my account as well. Looks like Boingo may not have fixed this?

Unknown said...

It took forever, but it's finally fixed.