Monday, December 21, 2009

R.I.P., Joe Hunter Reynolds

The world lost a truly great human this week: Joe Hunter Reynolds (see obituary here). Even this obituary doesn't do Joe justice. His word was gold--no one ever needed a "this is to confirm" letter from him, because once he said something, he followed through. His Marine career was outstanding: he survived both Iwo Jima and the frozen Chosin. He served the state of Texas with all of his heart, and he was the quintessential family man.

Susie and their family have our deepest sympathies. Jeff & I loved Joe, and we will always be grateful that we knew him. The world is worse off with his passing. The last time we grieved this deeply was when we lost Ron Bliss, whose passing we still mourn.

1 comment:

Jeff VanNiel said...

Joe was a truly honorable and good human being. I will miss him greatly. While I didn't stay in contact with him as much as I would have liked, the thought that I could simply call or write to say hello was a nice feeling. Joe I shall toast you, as I do Ron Bliss, every 10 November. You were a fine and truly honorable man.

Jeff