Monday, March 23, 2009

It's a textbook! It's a weapon!

Richard Pachter of the Miami Herald has this to say (here) about our second edition of the Enron book. Although he missed a letter of Jeff Van Niel's last name (Jeff is NOT to be confused with the Knights who say "Ni!"), my favorite part of the (very short) review was his suggestion that "[i]f they ever decide to throw the book at Madoff or any of the other financial criminals, this 1,200-page-plus tome is the one I'd heave."

Reminds me of the old Saturday Night Live commercial about Shimmer (here): "It's a floor wax! It's a dessert!"

I wonder if law students who buy our book will need "carry concealed" licenses....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

any press is good press.

Unknown said...

So true! Well, MOSTLY true.... Thanks!

watzabatza said...

Good Day!

It's an interesting topic. I mean, with just its title. Thanks for the link.. I gonna watch this.

Cyber Monday Deals said...

so true. i am behind you 100%!!!
jay
Cyber Monday, Gunvault Safes, Umbilical Cord