Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Can ANYONE in Las Vegas reach Rowlands News Service?

I am one of those people who loves reading newspapers--in print, not just online. And for the past month, I have been trying to reach Rowlands News Service (702-361-6125) to find out why I haven't been getting the LA Times Sunday edition delivered. I have had it delivered for 18 months now, but the last few weeks have been spotty or missed.

I want to support the LA Times. I want to support newsprint. I am a big believer in newspapers. What I am NOT, right now, is a big believer in either the LA Times Customer Service Department or Rowlands News Service. Any hints on what I should do?

Here's the ONLY information that I have on Rowlands:

Rowlands Newspaper Service
Newspaper Distributor
7171 Industrial Rd
Las Vegas, Nevada 89118-5200

UPDATE ON 3/4/09:

Well, the LA Times Customer Service Dept. came through for me, with the marvelous Al Zaccagnini finding me a new distributor. Thanks to him, I should soon be reading my Sunday LA Times again. As for Rowlands, il n'exist pas.

2 comments:

The Goodwill Fangirl said...

I'm with you, Nancy, as a passionate fan of the printed newspaper with my morning coffee. I'm thinking about getting a T-shirt which says, "Save the whales and my morning paper" (which BTW keeps getting smaller and smaller as the paper cuts back on staff and pages).

Lynne J. DeVenny, NCCP
Author/Blogger at Practical Paralegalism

Unknown said...

Thanks, Lynne! Here's to the newspapers coming up w/a business model that helps them save themselves!