Thursday, February 12, 2009

Verified by Visa = locked into infinite loop

My hubby has had a problem w/Verified by Visa that started out as a good sign, not a bad one. He had just made a large purchase, followed by a smaller purchase from the same company, and the company from which he had purchased checked to make sure that his card hadn't been stolen. Good, right? Well, although Hubby had called the company back to reassure it that he was the purchaser, Verified by Visa froze his account. Then Verified by Visa froze ALL of his Visa cards that had been linked to Verified by Visa.

Hubby spent over 2 hours on the phone to try to get his cards unlocked, to no avail. Apparently, Verified by Visa can only protect someone's cards, not un-protect them when requested to by the authorized user.

What have we learned from this experience? No more Verified by Visa. EVER.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm...this reminds me of my own horror story with a Visa just a few months ago. I had been paying my balance down for months so that I could use the card for my winter break trip. About two weeks before I was set to leave, I received a letter in the mail from the credit card company telling me they had been bought by another company. The problem? The letter stated I would be unable to use my card at all until the new company issued me a new card. It came in...4 weeks after my winter break vacation was over.